Thursday 11 December 2014

A very red, xmasy haul

Long time no see! Sorry about that. I haven't been shopping in a while, there's work stuff, family stuff, you know. Stuff. It was my birthday last week so I have finally broken free of teenagehood and it is very nice so far. I got some money so I went to Westfield and here's some clothes and things I brought.


Red Berry Denim Jeggings

Size > 16
Shop > Dorothy Perkins
Price > £20 £14 in store
Online > HERE

I can't believe I haven't had Dorothy Perkins in any of my hauls so far, I love that store! I saw these and thought wow. Red is my favourite colour and jeggings are some of my favourite kinds of trousers. I was looking for some anyway because the last jeggings I brought (see Tesco haul) are completely wrecked. I think I talked about buying a larger size than normal and the quality of them was not so great so now they are completely baggy and unwearable. I like the feel and fit of these new ones (although I'm still not used to showing the internet my crotch in detail). They're a little long for short old me so the fabric bunches up a little around my ankles, which I don't mind and it's got a great elastic band around the top and even belt hooks if that's something you need! Never seen belt hooks on jeggings before (nor ever needed any) but I really like that detail. Red is not the most flattering colour and I have quite chunky thighs but I'm never gonna et that stop me wearing these.

Red Christmas/Winter-themed Jumper

 
Size > XL
Shop > H&M
Price > £25 £15 in store (£13 online)
Online > HERE

If you follow the tumblr for this blog (which you should for additional content from me and reblogs from other people I like), you may have seen me in the H&M changing rooms trying on some of the other Christmas jumpers. At £25 a pop, I was very unsure that I was going to buy something from this range at all. I ended up with that beautiful navy star jumper and the dress pictured (wore them both to a film screening last week, I looked lush). However, when I popped in this time part of the range was ten pounds off so I picked up this one. I wasn't keen on the pink and red pattern a month ago but I really like it now. Even if you don't, I would recommend this range of jumpers as there are plenty of other designs in store and online. They are soft, warm and go up to XL, which is rare for H&M as they usually only stock up to size 16 and L. They aren't the most flattering shape but if you want something to keep you warm under your coat on the go or just to chill out in over the holidays, I love this.

Navy Fluffy socks

Size > n/a (one size)
Shop > H&M
Price > £7.99
Online > HERE

I love socks, but I'm very picky and I hate spending a lot of money on socks. Eight quid might not seem a lot to spend on socks to some of you but this was a BIG DEAL for me. However, these are an investment. I don't really have any socks like these and I'm such a sucker for the winter patterns. I wore them in bed last night (because I'm that weirdo who likes to keep socks on in the bedroom but at least it's marginally cute most of the time), and you know how most of the time when you do that you wriggle around half the night and then kick your socks off because you've got really sweaty and hot? Did not happen at all. My feet and the rest of me were snug as a baby. The fit is kind of awkward but my feet are also kind of awkward so that could be just me. I have very wide tops of my feet and very skinny ankles. I get blisters a lot. Probably why you haven't seen any shoes here yet, I hate buying them. However, I would recommend these and also recommend H&M to have a look at the prices of socks because I wouldn't pay that much for more normal socks which I see they have. These were my treat.

Faux Fur Hat

Size > n/a
Shop > Dorothy Perkins
Price > £14 £11.20
Online > HERE

Never been one for hats really, or fur, faux or not. I am however a fan of Scandinavia and Anastasia, snow and cold and all that kind of thing so if I was going to have a hat, it was going to be something like this. I feel like I spent a lot on a hat but I also feel that we've still got three more months of winter and cold weather to get through and I work on external sets a lot. This hat fits snuggly only my head and covers a little bit of my ears. I don't feel anxious about it flying off my head in a sudden gust of wind and I do feel like a Russia princess, which is the most important thing, obviously. I am yet to see how warm it keeps me but I have high hopes.

That's about it for today's clothes and accessory haul! I think it was probably the most expensive one I've ever posted, which feels a bit odd (I don't even get to tag under a tenner/fiver for anything but socks!) but at least only one thing was full price. I do have a small make up haul in the pipeline as I brought some new things at Westfield along with these but I will talk about that more soon. As I mentioned, I have a tumblr page for this blog, and a twitter, where I post things like my outfit of the day, changing room previews and share other people's posts, as well as promote these blog posts. Merry Christmas all!

No comments:

Post a Comment