Sunday 19 April 2015

John Frieda Deep Conditioner Review

Product: John Frieda - Deep Conditioner "Full Repair" (150ml)
Price: £6.29 £4.19 on sale in Boots


I have dyed my hair a lot over the years and last autumn I really built up the damage (there was a freak green hair incident) so I begin deep conditioning. I have mostly used very cheap varieties (eg that argon oil mask out of Poundland) so I thought I would treat myself a little bit and this was on sale.

It has a reasonably subtle smell when you open it, ever so slightly fruity and a little argon oil-y I would say. The consistency is quite gloopy, more so than most conditioners I have used recently.

My hair was one day washed (in that I washed it 24 hours ago) when I did this deep condition. I would say my hair was probably more oily and greasy than it usually is one day washed, most probably due to sudden really moist heat in my area so I probably sweated tossing and turning in bed a bit more than I usually do.


Firstly I washed and shampooed my hair with a Garnier Ultimate Blend Colour Illuminator shampoo just because that's the shampoo I've been using recently, though obviously the mask recommends using the shampoo product from the range it is from. I do like it quite a lot, I'm a big fan of argon oil and cranberries, though I'm not 100% convinced it's doing a better job of any other shampoo that isn't specifically for coloured hair but I'm not reviewing that product right now so...

Applying the mask was very easy. The thinness of the product was in it's favour here and went on like a treat, with only a little massaging in needed compared to thicker masks I've used. I could instantly feel my hair becoming more oily from the appliance but in a really nice soft way.

The product recommends you leave it in for 2-5 minutes for an "intense repair" but when you have a similar amount of damage reversal needed that I do, I set my phone timer to 15 minutes.

The mask instructs not to use an additional conditioning product when washing this one out so I didn't. The only trouble I had there was my shower deciding to be cold as hell for seven minutes and then hot as the sun so that was mildly irritating.



I then applied an argan oil heat defence leave in spray, as I do every time I blow dry my hair. You really can't have too much conditioner in your hair, in my opinion. I didn't time how long it took me to blow dry my hair but it averages about twenty minutes most of the time.

Touching my hair now, post blow dry, it does feel soft and my hair did not frizz up to it's usual standard. However I am only moderately impressed, as I do get a similar result from my usual mask of choice, though I received slightly better results in significantly less time (I usually leave it in for an hour plus).



I used about a third of the tub on one application which I do find impressive. I don't have particularly long or thick hair but I am pleased I have used that little and I've definitely got two more uses from this 150ml pot.

I would recommend the John Frieda Deep Conditioner for someone who needs a quick repair reasonably fast and wants more than one use out of a pot. Definitely get it on sale as I did though. I would also give it 3 stars out of 5.

Here's the video I took those screenshots from!

No comments:

Post a Comment