Monday 13 October 2014

Autumn Haul

Hi friends, it's been a while. I don't have an excuse. I have loads of half written posts in my drafts, that just need sources or photos or my full attention that isn't at 4am. I'll get to those eventually. Here's some clothes.

I hardly went shopping over the summer, but I did in September and October. Some of the prices I've lost, some of these things are probably not online anymore and not all of these are from the women's sections of shops. Let's go.



Grey and black knitwear dress

Size > 18
Shop > Peacocks
Price > £20
Online > HERE

I brought this beginning of September and I wore it when I went into the BBC a couple of weeks ago. It's warm, comfortable and reasonably flattering. It's very versatile, I could get away with it to work or to wear out with friends in a lot of different settings.


Burgundy dress
Size > 18
Shop > Peacocks
Price > £12
Online > No

This one I brought specifically for work. I love burgundy and the red wine tones are very in this autumn. It hangs pretty well on my frame but my mother said she would bring it in at the waist slightly, as I usually have to buy the size that fits my chest, rather than the size that fits my lower half. I'm accessorised it with this pretty belt, which I think was about £6 from Debenhams.

Blue skinny jeans

Size > 16
Shop > New Look
Price > £23 £12
Online > HERE

I own one pair of skinny high waisted black jeans, and I've had those for about a year, maybe closer to two. Before those, I basically haven't worn jeans since I was about 13. I saw these in the sale section and though, well I might as well try them on. And then I loved them. And I will always love them and I've worn them so much since I brought them. I really like New Look jeans.

Grey linen jumper 

Size > L
Shop > H&M
Price > £12.99
Online > HERE

This is probably meant to be just a regular throw on shirt but it's pretty see through. I've got a vest top underneath from the H&M basics range which was £6. It's really comfortable and light and I really like it.


Mint/light turquoise t shirt

Size > L
Shop > H&M (men's section)
Price > £5.99
Online > HERE

Yes, I went in the men's section. Big deal. Now, you know how much I love this colour so when I saw this I couldn't resist. I have this problem with women's clothing that I can never fit my chest into something if it fits anywhere else. With men's, it's the other way around, I can usually fit my chest it but my hips become the problem. Which means when I buy men's shirts, as long as I can get my hips in, my boobs will always fit. It's great. Well, in a way. I do wish I'd got a size up now but never mind.


Grey t shirt


Size > XL
Shop > H&M (men's section)
Price > ???
Online > No

It's so comfy and soft and I'm not quite sure why it needs a pocket - and it's a real pocket - but yeah, this is great. Everyone should buy men's clothes because they are just so comfortable. Also pockets.



Checked shirt

Size > L
Shop > H&M (men's section)
Price > £14.99
Online > HERE

I've worn this over the white vest top and I quite like this look. The material is a bit stiff and I'm so short and tiny in it but oh well. I struggle to find these kind of shirts in the woman's sections. I can't fit my upper arms into them, my shoulders are too wide, good luck trying to get anything about my chest. Women's check shirts are a MESS.

And last but not least ....


Yeah, I'm ginger. It's quite a change from my blue and purple and pink of the last year. I was aiming for an ash blonde but I had quite a problem with the purple I still had in and long story short, to avoid green hair, a red tone was the only thing that would work. I had bright red hair during my GCSEs before converting back to blonde and it seems I'm destined to always be in a blonde/red loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment